Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
599 Posts
I had the same problem. Removed the hood and shot some liquid wrench on the ratcheting mechanism. Let it sit for a few minutes, then worked the lever up and down the range. Haven't had an issue since. This was probably last September, and I've racked up a few thousand miles on this bike since then. It looked like the culprit was some gunk that built up in there that needed to be cleaned out. Works like a charm now.

· Anti-Hero
10,405 Posts
I also had the same problem with my Red shifter, but it was because I'd wrapped my bar tape over one of the spots on the shifter that the hood "anchors" to, which allowed the hood to shift into a position that was catching the lever on downshifts. I just moved the tape & repositioned the hood & have no issues now.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually don't like to, but I may drop the lever off at the shop for them to look at. I tried the WD40, and looked around for any obstruction but couldn't find anything. I may pull the lever and see if I can take it apart first.

Anybody know if there is a way to work directly with SRAM, or do I need to go through a shop?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.