Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
FredRider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find any recent posts on this touchy subject. I have decided to stir it up again. So which is better and why... Rival/105, Force/Ultegra, Red/Dura Ace? Let's hear it. :mad::mad2::D

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Is this serious? Nothing has been more discussed and you're likely to start a fight with everone touting what they ride with.

In either case Campy is the most rebuildable and most expensive. Shimano very reliable and SRAM tends to be the lightest and cheapest. And a lot of the preference has to do with how the unit works/design(e.g. buttons left vs right shift shift and lever size and shape.) Some of it is very subjective and very emotional.

https://49.media.tumblr.com/b8ff1351f1d844091dc5b9f32d5df3ab/tumblr_nf8z1fL6UR1qbw072o1_1280.gif

·
FredRider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, totally serious.... I have not read any recent posts on the subject. I think everyone secretly loves the heated debate. I especially love to read the totally biased posts, you know, from people who only swear by one, and have never used the other.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Haha, totally serious.... I have not read any recent posts on the subject. I think everyone secretly loves the heated debate. I especially love to read the totally biased posts, you know, from people who only swear by one, and have never used the other.

• shimano 105 to sram redBy zninedi in forum Components, Wrenching

Replies: 8Last Post: 05-10-2013, 08:13 PM
  • Will Sram snd Shimano Mix?By yetimoo in forum Components, Wrenching

Replies: 4Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:34 PM
  • SRAM or Shimano?By jlandry in forum Cannondale

Replies: 32Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:51 AM
  • Shimano or SRAM?By Weav in forum Components, Wrenching

Replies: 16Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
  • SRAM vs. ShimanoBy jprins68 in forum Components, Wrenching

Replies: 5Last Post: 09-23-2004, 02:58 PM

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Thank you for confirming the obvious.

There is no "heated debate". There is consensus around here that all systems from the major manufacturers work just fine with differences in ergonomics that are a personal preference.

·
FredRider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say that post four doesn't answer a thing. The most recent thread listed is two and a half years old, the others are closer to six. Both companies have made advances and, I would guess, there are many more riders now that may have fresh insight or experiences with the newer generations of components.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
How is anything I've posted trolling? I've suggested no bias, and the intent was only to spark a lively discussion. Isn't the whole purpose of a forum to allow for discussion? Please tell me how this is incorrect.
Because you know what asking this particular question will do. You're a troll. Banhammer.

·
FredRider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, I don't know why you're being obstinate. If rode both and I prefer Shimano, however I very recently considered, still am considering, buying a Focus with SRAM components. As I said in OP, have not seen much in recent discussion about the subject. Components have changed over the last six years. Maybe, someone might have persuasive argument for one or the other. As I said, I'm in the market, and am not opposed to either.
If you have nothing to add then don't reply dude. I'm not playing internet tough guy here. But you seem to just say " banish him", and have added nothing. That's all I have to offer you unless you actually wish to discuss the original question.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
Dude, I don't know why you're being obstinate. If rode both and I prefer Shimano, however I very recently considered, still am considering, buying a Focus with SRAM components. As I said in OP, have not seen much in recent discussion about the subject. Components have changed over the last six years. Maybe, someone might have persuasive argument for one or the other. As I said, I'm in the market, and am not opposed to either.
If you have nothing to add then don't reply dude. I'm not playing internet tough guy here. But you seem to just say " banish him", and have added nothing. That's all I have to offer you unless you actually wish to discuss the original question.
You know, or should know, that it's all about personal preference. One is not 'better' than the other. One might be lighter, or more expensive, but not 'better'. Plenty of people use both. Major races have been won on both. Both have had issues here and there. You need to make your own decisions here. It's not like 'what's better, red or blue?' We all know red is faster.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Dude, I don't know why you're being obstinate.
Obstinate troll is obstinate.

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
How is anything I've posted trolling? I've suggested no bias, and the intent was only to spark a lively discussion. Isn't the whole purpose of a forum to allow for discussion? Please tell me how this is incorrect.
How is it trolling? Maybe you need to review the definition of trolling. Something like: posting just to start an argument. You EXPLICITLY said this was the purpose of your post.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Is ASFOS just using a bunch of IDs he's had lying in wait until this year???

If not, the OP question is very thought provoking.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.