Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My Look 586 is set up with SRAM Red. I prefer (by far) the shifting of Campy Record. Buying an entire Record gruppo is cost prohibitive for me at the moment. I do have someone willing to trade me Record Ultra 10 shifters, front and rear derailleurs, and cassette for my SRAM components. This leaves me with the Red Crankset and BB, Brake Calipers, and Chain.
Will the Record shifters, derailleurs, and cassette live harmoniously with the SRAM crankset, BB, brakes, and chain?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
The crank and BB shouldn't be a problem and neither will the chain, from a width standpoint. If the chain doesn't shift to your liking, that's no big thing to change out.

You can't put a Campy cassette on a Shimano cassette body, so you either have to change cassette bodies, if it's possible with your wheels, or use a J-tek shiftmate to correct the shifting, if you continue to use the Red cassette.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks C,
I'm sorry I wasn't clear... I will be changing out the Shimano free-hub body to a Campy one so I can use the Campy Cassette. So you say the Red 53/39 front rings will be compatible with the Campy Cassette, Campy Front and Rear derailleurs? I was wondering how the trim on the front rings would get on.... Is the trim set up for Campy specific rings?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
more...

All modern 10 speed chains are now 5.9mm wide and the chainrings should have nearly identical spacing, so swapping brands of cranks should never pose a problem.

Campy left shifters have 12 clicks, but only four are needed to operate the latest QS front derailleur. Only one click to the left from the big ring and one to the right from the little ring serve as trim clicks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.