Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
krisdrum said:
Where are you seeing a Red 11-28 cassette? I thought they currently only did 11-23 and 11-26.
I read it in VeloNews or Bicycling. It was a review of the entire gruppo and they listed the cassette sizes they have. I assume the LBS won't stock them so they probably have to be specially ordered.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
LyncStar said:
I read it in VeloNews or Bicycling. It was a review of the entire gruppo and they listed the cassette sizes they have. I assume the LBS won't stock them so they probably have to be specially ordered.
Not listed on their website. Would love to get the exact source. I'm a big fan of 11-28s.

·
TheHeadlessThompsonGunner
523 Posts
krisdrum said:
Not listed on their website. Would love to get the exact source. I'm a big fan of 11-28s.
Sram makes the 1070 in that size (and QBP stocks it), so I would assume that, assuming Sram sees a market, an 11-28 Red is right around the corner.

·
DraftMaster
214 Posts
I've been riding the 11-28 for about ten months with a full Force Gruppo, & Force Compact Crank 43-50.
It arrived suspiciously in a Rival box, but before my LBS installed it, I inspected to verify that it was stamped w the Force OG-1070 designation.
As far as I am aware, a Red 11-28 has not been released yet.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've ridden a 28 cassette with sram drivetrain and it didnt feel too go when shifting into or out of the 28. I guess itd be nice if you run a standard and occasionally ride some good climbs where you might need the 28. Its something I would probably keep just in case I needed it for different terrain. But if you need the 28 on most of your rides, maybe just buy a compact.

And yes, the red cassette is super noisy. Oh well.

·
your god hates me
1,602 Posts
sroxberg said:
To update this thread the 11-28 Red now is shipping. Installed one last week and it works great, although it is a little noisy.
Just curious, are you using a SRAM chain?

Reason I ask is, I installed a SRAM OG-1070 cassette a couple weeks ago and ran it briefly with a Shimano Ultegra chain, and it was noisy as all hell. Changed the chain to SRAM Red, and I'll be durned if it isn't the quietest my drivetrain has ever been.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am running full Red, so Red cassette and Red chain.

It's noisy, and I intend to try one of the Dura-ace chains after this one gets some miles on it. Just bought the bike so I can't ask the wife for a new chain yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.