Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
My bike have a Rival 1x transmision with hydraulic brakes.
The master piston inside the right lever got stuck and won't come out.
I've tried using a syringe with DOT fluid to force the piston but it does not move. I broke a syringe trying this (it was to much presure for it)

Anyone have any idea about how can I do to get the piston out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The road-bike I use the most and have put thousands of miles on over the last two years has it's original steel brake cables from 1973, and a set of four "new" pads I bought early in 2021 for $8. I can go 20mph on it for miles and am thrilled to have none of the problems others do with their plastic/carbon computerized hydraulic "wonder bikes".
Bicycle Wheel Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
The road-bike I use the most and have put thousands of miles on over the last two years has it's original steel brake cables from 1973, and a set of four "new" pads I bought early in 2021 for $8. I can go 20mph on it for miles and am thrilled to have none of the problems others do with their plastic/carbon computerized hydraulic "wonder bikes".
Yea but how big is your d!ck? :rolleyes:

LMAO
Bicycle Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,867 Posts
The road-bike I use the most and have put thousands of miles on over the last two years has it's original steel brake cables from 1973, and a set of four "new" pads I bought early in 2021 for $8. I can go 20mph on it for miles and am thrilled to have none of the problems others do with their plastic/carbon computerized hydraulic "wonder bikes". View attachment 485241
And how does this help the OP with his issue?

Oh......and you might want to adjust those pads......that is if this is your bike and not just some image you downloaded here just to troll.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Compressed air did the trick! Thanks

I got a replacement piston on the way.
There was a SRAM recall on sticky pistons a few years ago. If you paid for the replacement perhaps you could get reimbursed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a SRAM recall on sticky pistons a few years ago. If you paid for the replacement perhaps you could get reimbursed.
I have read about that recall on some forums, but I haven't found an official communication about it. I should try contact SRAM directly. A refund would be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts