Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever i shift to the larger cogs more then one gear at a time the internals of the shifter stick to the hood causing the lever to return very slow. I know its the hood because without the hood on it works fine. Ive tried putting grease on the internals and hood but it gets wicked away by the internal part rubbing after about a dozen shifts. Im using hudz instead of sram hoods. Anyone else have this issue or have an easy fix?

·
Registered
21,726 Posts
Whenever i shift to the larger cogs more then one gear at a time the internals of the shifter stick to the hood causing the lever to return very slow. I know its the hood because without the hood on it works fine. Ive tried putting grease on the internals and hood but it gets wicked away by the internal part rubbing after about a dozen shifts. Im using hudz instead of sram hoods. Anyone else have this issue or have an easy fix?
No personal experience here but if you can see where the lever is rubbing on the hood then you should be able to trim that rubber away and solve the problem. Sometimes it's only a mm or so of rubber that needs to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.