Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
587 Posts
rollin nolan said:
Anyone have any insider info on SRAM's new road wheels?
Interbike will be the big unveiling from what I hear. The wheelsets should be available in Oct 2008. I am pretty excited about their wheels. With Zipp technology oozing from every fiber I can only imagine how nice these wheels will really be. I just hope that the price point is within reach of an average joe like me.

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree they should be pretty exciting. Zipp leads the carbon / aero wheel market so the SRAM won't want to compete against its own brand. I expect the SRAM wheels to be aluminum clinchers which will compete in the Kysrium, Fulcrum segment. With SRAM's innovation, technology, design and styling they should be sweet. I'm hoping for a light, stiff, dependable, blingy clincher with as much aero benefit as Zipp's engineers can concoct. I know they won't be 404s but ever little bit helps.

Or maybe they can mill a Red wheelset / cassette combo with the rim, spokes, hub and cassette all machined from one aluminum billet. Now we're dreaming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.