Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

I"ve been riding Shimano DA7800 & Ultegra 6600 for close to five years now. My other half wants to migrate to SRAM Red/Force, something to do with the cute frog.

I have concerns regarding the amount of travel that the shift lever required complete a shift. We both are fairly short fingers. I'm concern that with the double tap, it will require a very long travel distance to shift gears. Should I be worried?

Thanks,
CHL

·
Registered
851 Posts
I use my whole wrist when downshifting multiple gears (on the right) or shifting to the big ring (on the left), not just my fingers, pivoting around the pad of flesh at the base of my thumb. I don't think short fingers will be a problem, but you'll probably want to try it out to be sure.

Asad

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The good thing about the SRAM shift lever is that you can actually pull the lever back. Its not like Shimano where the lever is fixed.

I wear a small glove...so my hands arent that big either. I shift with my middle finger, I just pull the lever back a bit and twist the wrist to shift up. Shifting down is just a quick tap with the finger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.