Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the plain black hoods on my SRAM Red shifters but was thinking about getting the red or white ones to match my bike. Only concern was about how dirty they look/get. Anyone have experience with these? Any tips on keeping them looking new and clean? Specially the white ones? Can they be washed?

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
I just installed a set of red ones on a buddy's bike the other day, so I can't really comment on longevity. Material seemed identical to the black ones I took off. I would take one of your black ones off and try handwashing them in dish soap and lukewarm water. Rinse 'em until they squeak, air-dry and reapply. the color difference between it and the one you haven't cleaned is probably going to translate right over onto the red oor white hoods, but if your gloves have black palms, it might be more noticeable.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nah dude, just use some degreaser then wipe with a baby wipe. The baby wipe will not fall apart and is very good to scrub with. This will even serve to clean your white bar tape.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Look585RED said:
I currently have the plain black hoods on my SRAM Red shifters but was thinking about getting the red or white ones to match my bike. Only concern was about how dirty they look/get. Anyone have experience with these? Any tips on keeping them looking new and clean? Specially the white ones? Can they be washed?
I have Campy shifters, but I have tried White HUDZ and now Far and Near white hoods.

The white form the Hudz brad gets a bit diry but will come decently clean with simple green or baby wipes. The Far and Near ones stay pretty damn white and are very easy to clean. F&N will have SRAM hoods available later this week. HUDZ should have thier SRAM ones very soon. My F&N White have over 300 miles now without cleaning and look kida new. Much better than white the Deda tape now.

I cannot comment on SRAM's own set that come with Bar tape.

Here is my White set-up! 172.3 miles without cleaning-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.