Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GRRRRR! last night after piepoli led ricco up and dropped away i told my wife, "nice. ricco will pull him up tomorrow for the win." if only i had picked him in the the rbr pool. i feel like a nugget now, picking f schleck yesterday instead of ricco and valverde today.

sounded like evans accelerated a few times up the hill. will have to watch tonight.

what caused the schleck crash?

and valverde dropping his chain. i heard a charlie brown "arrrrrrrrrrrgggggg."

·
Registered
650 Posts
dr hoo said:
That was just insult to injury, he was already way otb.

Heck of a stage though! Saunier-Duval deserved the results they got.
Saunier-Duval were fantastic today, the way they hammered the field on the final climb was great to watch. I think the way that csc saxo rode today was increadable, voight and cancellara put paid to valverde and cuengo gc hopes and also really gave kirken a hard time on decent. was great to watch.

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as much as i would love to see it, i dont see VdV as a GC contender. evans, sastre, schleck seem to be the big three. but it is still two weeks away. lots can happen.

any chance ricco changes his mind about GC?

teffisk said:
Valverde.... that was predicted by many. The new real contenders? Shleck, Sastre, Cadel, VdV...

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
teffisk said:
Well obviously Cadel can't drop VdV and vandy can out time trial sastre and shleck. So vandy only needs a couple of seconds on Cadel
True, but he might also be at his limit today perhaps.

I wish Ricco would go for it.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
teffisk said:
but thats still a likely to definite poduim finish
All the way to Paris? I won't hold my breath coz it's still a lot more racing to be done. He may do it but I wanna see the next couple of hard stages first. I hope he does it by the way.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Interesting to see Valverde -- winner of Courchevel (outsprinting Lance to the line) in 2005 -- and he just can't handle it now. Not surprising given how things are cleaner now. Cunego too.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I scuttled my chances in the pool because I forgot to pick. I had picked Ricco too. (In another pool) :(

Don't know if it would have been enough to move up from 5th place though...

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I scuttled my chances in the pool because I forgot to pick. I had picked Ricco too. (In another pool) :(

Don't know if it would have been enough to move up from 5th place though...
I was wondering why you didn't pick and had thought of PMing you but I had to go to school to pay for something so I fogot. Sorry bud.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
weltyed said:
any chance ricco changes his mind about GC?
Wondering that myself. Watching this morning, I had the distinct feeling he could have torn away from the Evans group at any time, but with two SD guys up the road, he was not about to do that. Felt that a little with Sastre as well, but he had Schlek up ahead.

Even if Ricco goes for it in the Alps, I don't think he can put enough into Evans to hold him off in the ITT.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
oarsman said:
Even if Ricco goes for it in the Alps, I don't think he can put enough into Evans to hold him off in the ITT.
He would almost certainly need Evans, Menchov and VdV to all have at least one day like Cunego and Valverde did today. I think we are pretty likely to see a bad day from VdV but not the other two.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
oarsman said:
Wondering that myself. Watching this morning, I had the distinct feeling he could have torn away from the Evans group at any time, but with two SD guys up the road, he was not about to do that. Felt that a little with Sastre as well, but he had Schlek up ahead.

I think if Sastre could have gone he would have I think having Frank up the road was the plan for Sastre to jump across but he couldn't he tried a few digs but Evans and the others showed they could cover then Evens countered and after that everyone seemed content to just sit in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Menchov. I haven't seen the video for stage 10, but in all the photos I've seen that guy looks pretty comfortable when others are clearly not. In Velonews today both Sastre and Valverde singled him out. Comments?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.