Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain these statements from the CyclinNews Live coverage?

15:21 CEST
Ivan Parra, who was involved in a bit of fisticuffs with Steve Zampieri earlier, is no longer with the breakaway.

15:38 CEST
...Bettini is now next to his teammate Garate, who appears rather irritated. Garate hurls a bidon on the road, where it sprays water everywhere. Not sure what that was about.

What's going on?

TF

·
Registered
148 Posts
HAHAHA, are you guys getting the TV ITalia coverage ? Although I have no clue why it happened another rider and Zampieri were whaling at each other, I'm talking a couple of jabs on the side of the helmets and face, seems to me that Zampieri was the one giving the hits... Now correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that it was a ceramica rider who was getting blasted.

It would make a lot of sense because Phonak and Ceramica were the only team with two riders in the break and if Ceramica just sat on their ass, then the Phonal boys would start getting pissed. Phonak lost big yesterday...

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
Can someone explain these statements from the CyclinNews Live coverage?

15:21 CEST
Ivan Parra, who was involved in a bit of fisticuffs with Steve Zampieri earlier, is no longer with the breakaway.

15:38 CEST
...Bettini is now next to his teammate Garate, who appears rather irritated. Garate hurls a bidon on the road, where it sprays water everywhere. Not sure what that was about.

What's going on?

TF

I saw the 15:38 thing yesterday (cycling.tv?) or was it oln tv?... I didn't see any mention of it.. but it looked like he threw his water bottle down on the ground.. I assumed at the time he just didn't like the flavor or got the wrong stuff from the team car?.. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.