Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. looks like every major team has a rider up the road for their man to bridge with.

i hope schumi doesnt make it. no real reason. i just hope he doesnt make it.

Who is the best descender? If il Falco was here, he woulda been my pick. Just imagine how different the tactics for today and tomorrow would be if there were time bonuses...

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
slowdave said:
Paul just said that cadel feesl the decent of the last climb may be more important than the climb its self
Probably because Cadel doesn't have the legs to follow the other guys UP the climb.

I don't see Schumaker being hauled in too quickly. Looks like Gerolsteiner is going to 1-2 it: Schumaker going for the KOM jersey and Kohl going to try for the Yellow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tough to see CSC blowing it now, but I think Menchov/Evans are strong enough to hang on during the descent. I understand their tactics but this isn't a stage to try to drop 2 strong tt'ers (Evans/Menchov). If no time is gained, they may regret going so hard. Go George!

·
Registered
650 Posts
The big boys seem to be marking each other, Tomorrow is the stage to put time into each other. The reason that csc is pacings hard is to put time into CVV as he is a threat in the ITT to frank and carlos

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
16:57 CEST 148km/9km to go
Dessel leads the first group down the mountain. They are 1'15 ahead of the next group, which Evans is now leading. Menchov, Cunego and Kirchen are about 10 seonds behind them.

(evans and valverde were said to be getting dropped by CN earlier, but now look to be back?)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bobby says, "that finish was a joke! Never seen a finish like that in the tour!" CN, did you see dessel win and think better than to take his hands from the bars it was nuts, menchov loses 35 seconds on the decent

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just saw what CN said. will have to watch at home. looks like the "sprint" was anti-climactic? was hoping pop would drop them on the way down.

slowdave said:
Bobby says, "that finish was a joke! Never seen a finish like that in the tour!" CN, did you see dessel win and think better than to take his hands from the bars it was nuts, menchov loses 35 seconds on the decent

G

·
philippec said:
Vandevelde in two minutes behind the elder Schleck - ouch, that's gotta hurt!
Yeah, he crashed on the decent, which just compounded his loss of time on the climb.

BTW, Evans was never dropped - the CN guys were off for some reason.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.