Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Really looking forward to this stage!

IMHO; there will be some serious attacks, for final positions in Paris, on this stage.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Really looking forward to this stage!

IMHO; there will be some serious attacks, for final positions in Paris, on this stage.
I agree. The leaders really don't have any choice. The only one of them that has a chance to beat Froome in the TT is Uran (unless something crazy happens) and he will likely need his very best TT and a Froome off day to do so. So, if you are going to build a time gap, so that that the TT matters less, this is the only day you have left to do it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rigoberto, Romain, and Fabio and their respective teammates didn't join the breakaway to pressure Froome and Sky. This is how it going to play out at the the end, they attack Froome at the last climb and Froome and catches up to them, just like the previous year and the year before that and the year before that and so on. This is what makes the TDF boring.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
I agree. The leaders really don't have any choice. The only one of them that has a chance to beat Froome in the TT is Uran (unless something crazy happens) and he will likely need his very best TT and a Froome off day to do so. So, if you are going to build a time gap, so that that the TT matters less, this is the only day you have left to do it.
Good points indeed.

Being a 25+ years Cannondale bike owner/fan, I'm pushing for Uran Uran :cool: .

Uran Uran and Aru are all alone in their quest for the yellow jersey. They don't have a team anywhere near like Froomestrong does.

Uran Uran is easily the stronger of the two. My WAG is that Uran Uran is biding his time and energy and will gamble it all on an attack somewhere to erase as much of the 27sec as he can going into the TT stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last stage becomes an attack-filled one if the three top rider remain within 53sec of each other.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
At least we get beautiful alpine views to enjoy while we watch the GC stalemate continue and continue.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
At least we get beautiful alpine views to enjoy while we watch the GC stalemate continue and continue.
So much for the beautiful views...NBC Gold just upped and died. Only a test pattern, not even audio. Figures with only 15km to go.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
Going to have to go back and watch on-demand. NBC Gold is still dead here. Pbbbbbbbt.

I blame Phil and Paul for tripping over the data feed cabling.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Not sure how much the first TT is an indication since they had to deal with the rain but Uran came in 51 seconds slower than Froome for that. Bardet did a little better but still 39 seconds slower. Unless something unusual happens the only thing still up in the air is the next two podium spots

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Not sure how much the first TT is an indication since they had to deal with the rain but Uran came in 51 seconds slower than Froome for that. Bardet did a little better but still 39 seconds slower. Unless something unusual happens the only thing still up in the air is the next two podium spots
You are probably right, but on his best day, Uran can be a top tier TT guy, but he hasn't done it much in the last couple of years (since leaving Quickstep really). We'll see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts