Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
The Tour having technical (Broadcast) difficulties?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
The Tour having technical (Broadcast) difficulties?
Yesterday my streaming via Gold cut at 15km to go.

Today sounds like it is the broadcast TV having problems/.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Cycling News has reported that Sky don't want a bunch sprint today because of the potential danger. They plan to keep a big gap and let the breakaway survive.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
They are now at Banon. If the gap is at or below 5 min as they go up Col du Pointu, the opportunity is there for a rider who feels lucky, or slept at a Holiday Inn, or had some Spanish Beef, or had a shot of whiskey last night, to bridge the gap and jump a LOT in the rankings.

Sky could cover a GC challenge, but they really seem to be fearing mayhem.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I stayed up late last night watching it. I should have just gone to bed early and read a book. Is this the most boring TDF ever? The Giro was interesting. This race has a very close field time wise, but there isn't any drama. I guess Froome is content with a 30 second lead going into Saturday's time trial.

The Armstrong/Ullrich tours were great fun to watch.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
The most boring stage in TDF history.
Everything but tomorrow's TT is meaningless at this point, unless you just enjoy seeing who can win the stage out of breakaways and sprinters.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
If Cycling News Coverage is correct, it looks like this is setting up nicely for EBH. I hope he wins it. There are only a couple of other sprinter types in the breakaway and I would love to see Dimension Data get a win this year.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
The most boring stage in TDF history.
For the final LA tour, the early flat stages had nothing happening - I think those were the most boring EVAR. But this one was pretty much a non-event. I think the guys in the breakaway had fun, though - with no regard for overall standings, from the final climb it was just duking it out on the road mano-a-mano on a downhill through beautiful countryside.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gotta say, I'm happy to see EBH get the win!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts