Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I am NOT watching this stage in any way, shape, or form. This was a great stage for Alejandro to get a stage win. :( (Now I'm going to go cry again).

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
I am NOT watching this stage in any way, shape, or form. This was a great stage for Alejandro to get a stage win. :( (Now I'm going to go cry again).
you don't seem to handle disappointment well...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It's the severity of his injury. There are a bunch of his fans who had made plans to go to the Vuelta who are now in process of cancelling flights and hotel rooms as they now have no interest at all in going. They are not making other plans for their vacations. (My vacation is the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio). His health is much more important than the races.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
It's the severity of his injury. There are a bunch of his fans who had made plans to go to the Vuelta who are now in process of cancelling flights and hotel rooms as they now have no interest at all in going. They are not making other plans for their vacations. (My vacation is the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio). His health is much more important than the races.

We have a saying in showbiz: "The show must go on".

Fans would want to go and spectate regardless of who was racing...not like you can tell at the roadside anyway. Then again I don't understand, since the number of UCI races that I've been able to watch live in person is n=0....as opposed to people in Spain or France or Italy that can look out their window and see one every now and again.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the Tour is not about any single rider...

duh.
Not a single rider race to me either, but everyone is different. Except me, I'm not different.

This rider does hold a very special place in loads of contemporary cycling fans hearts.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Those who are cancelling plans ARE Spaniards. Those of us who are extremely upset have been his loyal fans for years. We go back to his early pro days or many go back to when he was a teen racing and some of them raced with or against him when he was a child and teen. Many of the group who have been his fans since he was a teen know him.
I have been to 1 race and YES you CAN pick out riders in the peloton as they are riding by you.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Who might win? IDK.

But, regarding GC, if 2 or 3 teams, besides Sky, were really serious about softening up Sky, they could press Sky really well here to burn a few matches.

A non-threatening break will be allowed to go out front for sprinter and or mountain points. This provides an echelon with which to work. Any GC contender could threaten to jump off the front of the peloton to that breakaway, and force Sky to cover the move.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
At work, so I can't really watch the race, but trying to follow along on the live posts on cyclingnews. It sounds like that finish was awesome. Very Classics-esque. I can't wait to watch the replay tonight.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At work, so I can't really watch the race, but trying to follow along on the live posts on cyclingnews. It sounds like that finish was awesome. Very Classics-esque. I can't wait to watch the replay tonight.
Great race!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts