Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,244 Posts
Yea...I'm thinking I'll get up at a reasonable hour and go ride my bike....then come back by around 10 or 1030 to watch the sprint.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I have no intention on watching anything more than the last 3 to 5 KMs. Get up at a reasonable hour and go get a few jobs done. Probably 2 to 3 hours worth of work although about half of that is drive time.
Marc your bike ride sounds better.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
just gonna watch "Final Kilometers" on Steephills to see Kitel winning. That's about all there is to watch an otherwise mundane boring flat stage

·
Russian Troll Farmer
2,977 Posts
I have no intention on watching anything more than the last 3 to 5 KMs. Get up at a reasonable hour and go get a few jobs done. Probably 2 to 3 hours worth of work although about half of that is drive time.
Marc your bike ride sounds better.
Just waiting for the interesting stuff to happen while surfing here. I have the NBC sports app on my laptop, so I can always see the highlight later. Seems that the TdF coverage is an excuse to keep playing the same 3-4 ads over and over again.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sagan elbowed Cavendish into the barrier in the sprint. Cavendish still down. Demare wins. Earlier pile up but inside 3 Km. Early reports say Cavendish has a broken shoulder

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,244 Posts
Sagan elbowed Cavendish into the barrier in the sprint. Cavendish still down. Demare wins. Earlier pile up but inside 3 Km. Early reports say Cavendish has a broken shoulder
I suspect Sagan at a minimum is getting relegated for that. Very blatant and caught on multiple angles

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,244 Posts
Sagan saying he didn't see Cavendish - so why the elbow?
Keenan thought with the sprinting weaving Sagan brushed Sagan's hip...

[sarcasm]Because the natural thing when someone brushes your hip, is to suckerpunch them with your elbow[/sarcasm]

I'm more interested in the crash that took Froome to the pave at this point...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think that the Lotto-Soudal manager has just said that Sagan also
caused the first crash by elbowing / shouldering Greipel !

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts

click pause.
click the gear icon.
click speed.
click 0.25.
click play.

watch Cav follow AD's wheel.
watch Sagan decide to take Cav's spot.

The elbow is real at this angle.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Cavendish has said he understands sprinting and that he gets on well with Sagan but he wants Sagan to explain the elbowing. Seems a very mature and non-confrontational reaction given the circumstances

·
Registered
212 Posts
This said, I can see both sides, but emotions are raw, and most said on coverage right now is reactionary and not thought out..

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,244 Posts
Cavendish has said he understands sprinting and that he gets on well with Sagan but he wants Sagan to explain the elbowing. Seems a very mature and non-confrontational reaction given the circumstances
Cav has done a great deal of mellowing out over the years....rewind the clock back and there were tours where a first fight would have precipitated if he could raise one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That photo is a tad misleading.. Cav had already leaned into Sagan and was on his way into the barrier. I looked at the overhead and it seems his elbow didn't touch Cav.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts