Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the heck is goin on? i wanna see ricco go up the road. where is he? i want tommy V to lose the dots. chavanel and voekler better have some big fireworks for the end here.

there is a chance every jersey switches hands today. and CSC is talking about sending fabian up the road to see if he can contest the stage.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are a lot of people i wanna see win, but maybe more i dont. i still am waiting for teh cobra to be mentioned. it is a mtn top finish afterall. and with soler out...

cant wait to get home and watch the evans mini-meltdown. i always heard the good riders remain calm. he didnt sound calm to me. still, this years best meltdown goes to millar. and he had a right to toss the bike, i think.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
weltyed said:
man, i cant wait to watch this tonight!!!!!

all you need to know from CN:
17:23 CEST
Evans is sitting on the back
Yeah siting on the back of 2 of the best uphill sprinters in the world I'd say Evans did perfect.

Added:
Actually sitting on is not quit accurate Evans was busting ass to stay with those guys which for a not explosive climber was good. Staying withe those 2 was a great ride for him as others got gapped. Say what you want about sitting on but if you can't attack you can't whining that you don't like that is just showing your ignorance of what its really like to race .

· Registered
11,561 Posts
32and3cross said:
Yeah siting on the back of 2 of the best uphill sprinters in the world I'd say Evans did perfect.
He's got to be going strong if he was able to close up to the back wheel of Valverde in a sprint or Valverde was cooked and really slowed.

And he should be relieved that so far Ricco says he has no GC ambitions. He certainly didn't look like he was killing himself in the TT on stage 4.

Amazing Schumacher should still be in yellow and has to take a big confidence boost that he was still there with the top 10 or so guys until he crashed himself.

Cunego jumps out as a big name who was dropped.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
He's got to be going strong if he was able to close up to the back wheel of Valverde in a sprint or Valverde was cooked and really slowed.

And he should be relieved that so far Ricco says he has no GC ambitions. He certainly didn't look like he was killing himself in the TT on stage 4.

Amazing Schumacher should still be in yellow and has to take a big confidence boost that he was still there with the top 10 or so guys until he crashed himself.

Shumi lost the jersy. As much as I not a fan of his that sucks as a way to lose it. It goes to Grim Kim.

· Registered
11,561 Posts
32and3cross said:
Shumi lost the jersy. As much as I not a fan of his that sucks as a way to lose it. It goes to Grim Kim.
How about Moises Duenos of Barloworld finishing in the top-10, I'm certain I've never even seen his name before?

Another favorite that I just thought of that I never even noticed in the finale was Devolder. Didn't finish in the top 10 but might still be close, but I can't recall seeing him anywhere near the front at the end.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CN made it sound like he was just sitting on, not bustin butt.

i understand the need to sit on wheels. but it seems like he never actually paces anybody. call it smart racing if you want, but i think some people hate him for it.

i cant wait to see the final climb, the three musketeers out like its bastille day, and evans go ape when he gets a mechanical. unfortunately, im sure it will be nothing like millar throwing his bike or the chicken attempting to TT.

32and3cross said:

Added:
Actually sitting on is not quit accurate Evans was busting ass to stay with those guys which for a not explosive climber was good. Staying withe those 2 was a great ride for him as others got gapped. Say what you want about sitting on but if you can't attack you can't whining that you don't like that is just showing your ignorance of what its really like to race .

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
How about Moises Duenos of Barloworld finishing in the top-10, I'm certain I've never even seen his name before?

Another favorite that I just thought of that I never even noticed in the finale was Devolder. Didn't finish in the top 10 but might still be close, but I can't recall seeing him anywhere near the front at the end.
I saw that result too, and I must confess it's the first time I've ever seen / heard his name. Valverde is in trouble GC wise. He should have been able to gap Evans on this uphill sprint. There seems to be no way Valv will get 1:12 over Evans on any combination of up coming hill stages.

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
He was my pick for the GC! But he went straight out the back on the last climb. Wierd.

I'm not an Evans fanboy, but I refuse to bag on him for wheelsucking. He's racing a GT, not a crit. He marked Valverde and stuck to him. With a full minute in hand on Valv, why should he try to drop him?

JSR

· Registered
3,140 Posts
weltyed said:

i understand the need to sit on wheels. but it seems like he never actually paces anybody. call it smart racing if you want, but i think some people hate him for it.

i cant wait to see the final climb, the three musketeers out like its bastille day, and evans go ape when he gets a mechanical. unfortunately, im sure it will be nothing like millar throwing his bike or the chicken attempting to TT.
Why should he pace people?

He attacked in the MTNs before its just not his strong suit. I didn't see the mechanical that should be good watching.

· Registered
11,561 Posts
weltyed said:
He did just follow the wheels, got gapped when Ricco and Valverde went for the sprint but then was able to come back to Valverde's wheel as they came to the line. Ricco easily won the sprint and wasn't even really pushed by Valverde.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.