Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bettini looks like he has lost a step this year. He just isn't closing the deal like I am used to seeing him do. Anyone have the story on him.

· Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
Stage 9 Giro - mixing up the sprint!

Vaitkus takes it! The slight uphill finish is just what we needed to mix up the sprints.

"I think Bettini is just a wee bit full of himself putting his hands up at the finish". What's wrong with that guy. He knew he was beat and he starts celebrating? Lobbying? Foolish stunt I think.

Who was Milram pulling for?

There were two attacks in the last 2k on the slight uphill finish. Bryan Smith the commentator had great insight on this. "I think there's a headwind. A lot of attacks get attempted on a headwind. Riders think they can go until they hit that wind. Then they can't get very far."

francois

· Registered
11,561 Posts
That was odd behavior by Bettini, I think he still hadn't even passed Vaitkus when he raised his arms :)

Milram have both Ongarato and Lorenzetto for the sprints. As Brian Smith has said it takes a sprinter to lead out a sprinter. They've been working for Lorenzetto the last couple of stages but I think he lost the teams cofidence when he didn't close the deal and they were talking of switching to Ongarato. Not sure who they were thinking of today.

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Disco put in a couple of moves toward the end of the stage. Rubiera trying to get up to the breakaway and then Matt White's attack. I'm wondering if they are trying to go for breakaway type stage wins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.