Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts
Sizes are wonky, but I grabbed a 105 one in 172.5. Current crankset is Ultegra, but for that price I figure I can just write "Ultegra" in sharpie on it and call it good.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sizes are wonky, but I grabbed a 105 one in 172.5. Current crankset is Ultegra, but for that price I figure I can just write "Ultegra" in sharpie on it and call it good.
I've used the 7900 crank arm (that was on closeout last year) on everything from 105 to DA. Thing is, nobody can see BOTH sides of your crank at the same time so the mismatch is only obvious to you. In fact, the insane W/kg you will be laying down with the help of the Stages,* they won't be looking at anything besides the back of your jersey... way up the road. :thumbsup:

*Disclaimer: Insane W/kg gains due to Stages are not guaranteed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've used the 7900 crank arm (that was on closeout last year) on everything from 105 to DA. Thing is, nobody can see BOTH sides of your crank at the same time so the mismatch is only obvious to you. In fact, the insane W/kg you will be laying down with the help of the Stages,* they won't be looking at anything besides the back of your jersey... way up the road. :thumbsup:

*Disclaimer: Insane W/kg gains due to Stages are not guaranteed.
Ha, I took advantage of that one also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.