Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm currently riding a Specialized Tarmac comp, 2015. It has full ultegra gear apart from the crank which for some reason is a praxis Turn zayante. I've been recently looking into power meters mainly the stages left crank arm ones but I can't find much info on if one can be fitted to my bike, it looks like stages possibly don't support this model which I find a bit weird as I believe the praxis stuff to be good quality stuff that a lot of people would be using. It's all a bit of a minefield really. It's a 52/36 crank with a bb30 bottom bracket and 172.5 crank arm. can anyone point me in the right direction, I don't want to spend a mad amount of money that's why I was liking the stages stuff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a brand new bike when I bought it last year, this bike come with the praxis crank as standard. I was thinking more along the lines that one of stages units may be cross compatible with the praxis unit, I've looked into 4iii seen a praxis crank complete with power meter at not too bad money, I was hoping to keep it in around £500. I don't get why stages haven't made a praxis compatible unit though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks masont that sounds good and probably the easiest option, will definitely look into this, I was looking into garmin vector 2 single pedal option which is about 500 quid or so also, has anyone had any experience with these?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously, thanks masont?

Go to DCrainmaker for reviews on power meters (here).
some interesting reading there, its definitely a bit of a minefield, though im still interested in the gamin vector option.

oh and thanks was implied with my original reply though I maybe forgot to say it.....seriously!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts