Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see where people put their hands on drop bars when they get out of the saddle for a mash fest. I finally thought to try that out today after my drop-bar conversion earlier this year and felt freakishly unstable in any hand position, wobbling and the such, so I might as well snag the most popular pos. and start practicing with it.

Amazing how different flat bars are from drops...

· Registered
310 Posts
agreed...i wouldn't try to do anything fancy while in the drops until you feel like you've completely mastered mundane tasks in that position like steady spinning and turns. crawl first, then walk. no sense risking a crash when it could be avoided by building up a general comfort level first.

· Registered
339 Posts
Personally when I get up out of the saddle I usually climb with my hands on the hoods and if I'm sprinting I'll often be in the drops instead but ass other said just do what is comfortable for you.

Your pedal/shoe combination can effect your stabilitiy a good deal as well, I noticed that with my latest upgrades in that area as I can now get out of the saddle with a lot more confidence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.