Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lost in the Black Hills
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you tried this?

i recently put 2 oz of stans in each tube. i had such a good experience with stans off road that i figured i would try it on road too.

i do think it works better than slime for the bicycle world.

i don't have many miles logged yet with the stans...but it doesn't feel much different.

only time will tell

mx

·
Lost in the Black Hills
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was super quick and easy. i snipped off the blunted tip of the presta with wire cutters and unscrewed the whateveryoucallit small piece. then i carefully let the valve fall down into the tube and pinched and held it in place. then i simply squeezed pre-measured amount of stans from the small 2oz stan bottle directly in the valve.

went right in and hardly spilled a drop.

mx

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
Had this setup on my tires. I got a small hole in the tube and all the Stans just leaked out. No seal, no go.

I actually doubt no that it can seal a tube because Stans is so thin. I think it's made to seal tires, not tubes.

fc

·
Lost in the Black Hills
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
francois said:
Had this setup on my tires. I got a small hole in the tube and all the Stans just leaked out. No seal, no go.

I actually doubt no that it can seal a tube because Stans is so thin. I think it's made to seal tires, not tubes.

fc
oh okay. well it has sealed my mtn tubes so i figured i would give it try. only time will tell if it does anything. i guess maybe the pressure could be too high on road. it worked for my off-road where i actually could see multiple spots it sealed.

thanks for sharing you experience!

mx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.