Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or actually I picked one back up that I started years ago - scanning my slide collection.

Tedious. I'd send them out but I don't trust anyone. So here I sit with my 2 dozen 3-ring binders and my trusty Nikon Coolscan.

However, there is one benefit. I'm reliving each trip in detail. Right now I'm working on my 1980 trip to Europe. I was 13 and we were there for 2 months. It was and still is one of the best experiences of my life. I've been back in Pompeii for the last 20 minutes.

I can't wait until I get to the Marshall Islands, Bikini, and Chuuk.

Mrs69 casually mentioned that she's never seen any of my slides. I do believe she's correct.

·
Cycling Addict
5,182 Posts
I've a footlocker full of slides I took over the years. In 2008 I purchased an Epson slide scanner that can scan four slides at a time, but it takes about five minutes to do so. That winter I scanned about a fifth of my collection, then that spring my hard drive crashed. I haven't found the time to start all over again since... I'll save it for my retirement years.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Andy, I've allways saidvas a fire fighter that the only really unique things in every ones houses are. People, animals, and finally our personnel pictures.
Every other thing in a house can mostly be replaced. But the above mentioned things are truly unique.
I also enjoy looking at pictures from 30 years ago, it's a nice bitter sweet feeling that makes me aware to enjoy each day I get today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.