Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for my first ride of the season yesterday. Upper 30's, partly sunny, light wind, overall a nice day. The roads are sandy and a little broken up by winter weather so I thought I'd give the new SS mountain bike a shake down cruise. I was no more than five blocks from the house when a truck passes me on the other side of the road and the driver screams "******" out his window. First ride, first harassment. Batting 1,000! The ironic thing is that I can count on one hand the times I've been harassed here in the last 20 years. I hope this doesn't set the tone for the rest of the season.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
1) pepper spray

2) nttawwt. :)

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
i'm also batting 1000

also went out yesterday on local bike trails. was taking a break next to road. large suv with window rolled down yells "go back to (insert name of favorite country here)"

some people just need a punch in the face.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,412 Posts
"the driver screams "******" out his window"
How do you know that he wasn't talking about himself ?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I just laughs at the "comments" Ignorant losers will do what ignorant losers will do. And I know my bike is worth more than their crappy car.

·
Registered
463 Posts
zooog said:
I just laughs at the "comments" Ignorant losers will do what ignorant losers will do. And I know my bike is worth more than their crappy car.
who cares about the value of the bike or car. in the end, you're just better than them. :)

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a short season. 4 inches of snow on Sunday tends to put a damper on riding, at least for me

·
Banned
936 Posts
I feel for you. .

Mel Erickson said:
I was no more than five blocks from the house when a truck passes me on the other side of the road and the driver screams "******" out his window.
I live and ride in southern Virginia, and they are many SUV's and ********. .And dump trucks. I revoked the donor thing on my drivers license, because I'm convinced they're too many people who should not have a second chance.the

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
"the driver screams "******" out his window"
How do you know that he wasn't talking about himself ?
i agree
i think the driver ment
"******?"

you couldn't see him winking.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, I think I saw him lose a bundle of sticks off the back of his truck. Now that I think about it I'm sure he was simply noting the occurence.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mel Erickson said:
Actually, I think I saw him lose a bundle of sticks off the back of his truck. Now that I think about it I'm sure he was simply noting the occurence.
on that note, maybe he was just making other users of the road aware of the obstacle that has fallen off his truck.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
KATZRKOL said:
I live and ride in southern Virginia, and they are many SUV's and ********. .And dump trucks. I revoked the donor thing on my drivers license, because I'm convinced they're too many people who should not have a second chance.the
... excellent point there KAZ, i never thought about it like that...
JJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
A coupla friends and I were doing a long training ride thru the country and hit one of the few stoplights. A beat up truck pulls up next to us with two goobers inside, one had on a cowboy hat, the other a camo baseball cap. They were eyeballing us pretty heavy when I yelled out, "Hey, its Brokeback Mountian!". They quickly turned and stared straight ahead, waiting for the light to change. At the green light they left without a word. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
bonkmiester said:
... excellent point there KAZ, i never thought about it like that...
JJ
That's because it's a stupid point and an elitist way of looking at humanity and what someone does or doesn't deserve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thenazz said:
A coupla friends and I were doing a long training ride thru the country and hit one of the few stoplights. A beat up truck pulls up next to us with two goobers inside, one had on a cowboy hat, the other a camo baseball cap. They were eyeballing us pretty heavy when I yelled out, "Hey, its Brokeback Mountian!". They quickly turned and stared straight ahead, waiting for the light to change. At the green light they left without a word. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
ILMAO. :D

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
well give me some credit.........

alienator said:
That's because it's a stupid point and an elitist way of looking at humanity and what someone does or doesn't deserve.
... i'am perfectly capable of making stoopid points too, why i've even made a few on RBR ... but i much prefer sarcastic or silly remarks ...

elitist or not, i sure wouldn't want my organs to be used to keep alive some wife beatin, kid kickin, pit bull fightin, crack dealin, low life, ******* sum beyotch ...

does that make me part of an "effite corps of impudent snobs" ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts