Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signing up for my local state games which is pretty much the amateur olympics of the state. About one month long in tons of categories. So the crit has TONS of categories. My obvious category is Cat 4 which I'm signed up for. Now there are a bunch of 'Novice' categories by age including 19-34 shortly after the Cat 4 race. Anybody know what makes a novice and if I could or should ride in this? I mean there is also a Cat 5 category (seems novice to me also) and they state they are selling one day racing licenses. I'm driving almost 3 hours to get there so want to maximize on bike time but don't want to race against or try to beat a bunch of guys in baggy shorts, mountain bikes with slicks, and brought their 5 year old to watch daddy ride his bike. Looks like I can call a number during the week but struck out with no answer last Friday.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
My guess is that the age groups are for non-licensed riders.There will be a mix of sandbaggers and bike nerds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.