Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Your dumb. HTFU and stay in your tent if you have to

Votes: 26 54.2%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... She has graciously offered to make me a key and let me use their extra bedroom for the few days that I am in SLO for my multi week trek/tour up to Coops-Fire-Fest and BBQ, then back to LA.

What are your thoughts on this? She has had her new BF since about 4 months after we broke up, so I wont be getting any action, not that I would be looking for any... but it is a kinda nice offer... but does have some no-bueno connotations...

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
This sounds like a bad combination of putting your junk in a vice and trading meat for sex.

Don't do it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
I don't know man...................I think I'd pass.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MB1 said:
This sounds like a bad combination of putting your junk in a vice and trading meat for sex.

Don't do it.

If MB1 is down on it... then thats it...

THanks dude...

Could look bad if the new female friend asks where I stayed...

·
(not a real racer)
482 Posts
Hey you're all adults, right? Does sound kinda shady tho. Do you have a tent?
I'm no help so I guess have a great weekend =)

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Toughen up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got an ex and for a valid reason and for a few days, it would not be an issue if it was me at her house OR hers at mine. Thank them for their hospitality and do something nice for them as their houseguest. It's really not that hard.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
No biggie. Go for it. A place is a place anyway.

Just don't get caught (or do) in a leopard thong while lying on your bed in the room. That is all.

Poast pixxors, err, or not.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
I was invited to stay at my ex's place a while back when traveling through with our boy. She wanted me to meet the new dude. I was kinda weirded out at first and told her it was fine as long as they weren't having loud, wild, monkey secks in the next room.

Kinda depends on how it ended I guess, if the breakup was mutual than I'd say go for it but if it was nasty with hard feeling and everything then pitch a tent (not kode).

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
you said their place. so she lives with the BF? unless you think they are going to kill you in your sleep, i don't really think there is anything wrong with that. if you think somebody else has a problem that might concern you, you need to find out before hand.

really, how much time would you be spending there and not sleeping?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Need more info before I vote.

Is she the one who asked Joeh about swinging, whose boyfriend wanted to beat the crap out of him?

Has she ever, with this "lodging" offer or in the past, hinted even slightly or veiledly, anything at all about threesome fantasies? And would that have been the MMF kind of threesome?

Are you prepared to answer either of these questions, whatever that answer might be, no matter who might be naked at the time?

If you say yourself that something about it is no bueno, is that vague uneasiness offset by the concrete $ you save by not staying in a hotel?

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Never had an ex, but if I were as ambivalent about anything as you seem to be about this, I'd be making a reservation at Motel 6.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hell no!! An ex-gf asked before if she and her boyfriend could stay at my place for the weekend. I wished her cheap-ass boyfriend would have gotten a hotel room instead. I think I was in a weak state of mind and reluntantly agreed... being the nice guy I am and she called my cell and caught me by surprise. It just makes the situation and friendship awkard. To this day my friends still joke about flipping the mattress over cause tonya and her dude slept on it once.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hell no!! An ex-gf asked before if she and her boyfriend could stay at my place for the weekend. I wished her cheap-ass boyfriend would have gotten a hotel room instead. I think I was in a weak state of mind and reluntantly agreed... being the nice guy I am and she called my cell and caught me by surprise. It just makes the situation and friendship awkard. To this day friends that stay over for the night still jokes about flipping the mattress over cause tonya and her dude slept on it once.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts