Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Looks like he got what he asked for: a good Madison check. Seriously, though - he dove in next to a guy who had a foot on him, at least!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
SDizzle said:
Looks like he got what he asked for: a good Madison check. Seriously, though - he dove in next to a guy who had a foot on him, at least!
The guy in the red kit messed up as well, there are two muppets in that movie. Check how the CU guy stays calm, didn't even flinch, even with red jersey going nuts, making him the hero and dosen't turn it in to a game of human pingpong, that red and white kited rider needs to calm down. How in the world did he become unclipped? Seriously, that guy is dangerous as well(imho more dangerous that white jersey, as he dosen't seem to overreact with the contact), and then he(red) almost looses it again when he looks back at the crashed rider, umm WTF, you aren't down, get your head back in the race. If red kit would have stayed calm, no one would have gone down, did white jersey mess up, yup, but red overreacted and made the situation worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
FTF said:
The guy in the red kit messed up as well, there are two muppets in that movie. Check how the CU guy stays calm, didn't even flinch, even with red jersey going nuts, making him the hero and dosen't turn it in to a game of human pingpong, that red and white kited rider needs to calm down.
The red guy didn't over react, the white jersey barged into his elbow or bars knocking his (red jersey's) wheel over. From that point red jersey was in survival mode trying to regain control and I think he did a great job to stay upright.
 

·
Resident Curmudgeon
Joined
·
11,979 Posts
asgelle said:
The red guy didn't over react, the white jersey barged into his elbow or bars knocking his (red jersey's) wheel over. From that point red jersey was in survival mode trying to regain control and I think he did a great job to stay upright.
Well said! I think the guy that fell might be blind in one eye, and unable to see out of the other one.:rolleyes: This is racing, not roller derby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
FTF said:
...Check how the CU guy stays calm....
Who is the CU rider? I ride for them, and can't make him out...which goes to show how big the CU team is.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
asgelle said:
The red guy didn't over react, the white jersey barged into his elbow or bars knocking his (red jersey's) wheel over. From that point red jersey was in survival mode trying to regain control and I think he did a great job to stay upright.
If that were true he wouldn't have looked back and almost lost it again, which isn't the case. Red kit is probably 25% responsible, so in reality not really responsable. The other guy hit/touched him sure, but there's no way he should have almost gone down. He freaked. There was contact, but not that much, nor that strong of contact. It was a decent save even though he freaked, until he looked back which brings me to,

And, even if you are right, he's still a "muppet" for looking back at the crashed rider and then almost taking CU out AGAIN.

Anyways, it could have been much worse, and I'm sure that all parties involved won't do that again.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
SDizzle said:
Who is the CU rider? I ride for them, and can't make him out...which goes to show how big the CU team is.
He won that day, go check the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
how about the 3rd rider that closed into from the right side.
his move left closed the gap the rider moving up though he had

per the teton board, the rider in red mentioned his bars were clipped by the other riders bars. he should have kept looking forward after the impact though...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top