Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting rid of some bikes and getting more steel bikes. I got a Salsa Casseroll single speed for Christmas and I ride the heck out of it. It is totally flat where I live, so I get by very well with a single speed. I am going to sell my Tricross Sport and put the money toward either a Specialized Allez Double Steel or a Salsa Casseroll Double for group rides and trips to hiller places. The prices don't match up, but I would probably put better wheels on the Allez if I went with it. I have not ridden the Allez yet, but I know that I would love the Casseroll if it rides like my single speed. Just looking for some input from anyone who owns either bike.
Thanks.
Kevin

· Registered
49 Posts
I personally think that having two of the almost same bike would be kind of redundant. I also don't think I'd buy the allez just to upgrade a bunch of stuff to make it more like the casseroll double. I rode a steel allez and really liked it. Could go that route and try riding it as is for a while, the lower level stuff still works great.

· Registered
19 Posts
I really enjoy my Allez and agree with maxcycles....the shimano 2200 stuff works perfectly. I have heard the wheels are heavy but I seem to be able to keep up with most people without any trouble, even on the hills....

· Registered
1,295 Posts
TXKestrel said:
ive ridden the steel allez, im sorry but it just doesnt compare to vintage steel... just IMO it did ride great though...
What's different on it than a vintage bike, other than lugs? They seem like a Surly minus the versatility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.