Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fancy carbon fork that came with my bike and good brakes athat are toes in properly. I get quite a lot of shuddering and was wondering if anyone tried swapping to a steel fork and if it worked?

I'd hate to add a couple pounds to my bike and might just live with the issue, but I am curious.

· Registered
125 Posts
jroden said:
I have a fancy carbon fork that came with my bike and good brakes athat are toes in properly. I get quite a lot of shuddering and was wondering if anyone tried swapping to a steel fork and if it worked?

I'd hate to add a couple pounds to my bike and might just live with the issue, but I am curious.
My Empella was louder than a fire truck under braking, until I switch to paul brakes and now she is totally silent, plus actually stops when I want to.

· Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the cartidge type brakes (pauls, w/ the pads that come w/ them) I might swap with the salmon colored pads.

I'm used to my steel fork on the Merckx road bike, I did not realize how flexy the carbon (I have a nice reynolds fork) steerers are, I really notice the difference and I'm not one to notice things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.