Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
Joined
·
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kram and I kept the faith alive and now our boys are heading to Detroit rock city for Super Bowl XL. Doesn't matter who wins the Panthers-Seahawks game, we'll take 'em on to get that ring for the Bus. Here we go Steelers, here we go!!
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
HokieRider said:
Kram and I kept the faith alive and now our boys are heading to Detroit rock city for Super Bowl XL. Doesn't matter who wins the Panthers-Seahawks game, we'll take 'em on to get that ring for the Bus. Here we go Steelers, here we go!!
sometimes i wear xxl, my shoulders are wide.

does it help that i'm built like a right tackle?
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Yeah, baby! So. You're Mike Holmgren (I'll assume Seattle will be there-27-7 in the 3rd). How the f*ck do you stop the Steeler's offense? Shut down the run (Denver did do a good job of that-so did Indy)and Ben'll kill you with take your pick-Randel-El, Hines, Miller, or Cedrick Wilson. Too many weapons. (If you would have said that you'd be talking about the Steeler's offense in the playoffs in past years, you'd be labelled a lunatic). Size up the thumb rings, boyz!
 

·
Rollin' Stones
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Steelers.

Man, what a great game! I can't wait for the Super Bowl! I hope Big Ben gets the MVP and they re-make "Cannonball Run" with him in the Terry Bradshaw role. I love the Bus, is he getting to the training table? He looks like he's thinning down......NOT! ROLL ON BUS!!
 

·
Call me a Fred
Joined
·
16,999 Posts
Seattle - Pittsburg should be a very good Super Bowl. It may suck for the TV ratings as neither is a major media market, but it is nice to see those two teams going. While I would have prefered Denver to have gone, Pittsburg showed that they are the better team.
 

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
Joined
·
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you crazy with the ratings?!? Pittsburgh has fans all over the country and those fans WILL watch the game. If you ever want to get a good example of Steeler fans and where they are around the country, check out this webpage. It is a link to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette sports page and it shows most of the Steeler bars in the country. http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars.asp
I personally like Zig's bar, here in Alexandria, but I have been to a few of the others too, like Baileys in Arlington, Champs in Blacksburg, and Fast Eddies in Fairfax. The Steelers have a great following and I predict will have more than 75% of the fans at the actual game. Should be a great one...who wants it more, Shawn Alexander or Jerome Bettis? I agree with Kram, time to get fitted for the thumb rings :D
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Shawn's a p*ssy. Less than 100yrds. Gaurunteed.(Yes, I KNOW I spelt it rong!)
 

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
Joined
·
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got to go to the last Monday night game before the Browns moved to Baltimore and it was freakin awesome. We beat the snot out of the Browns and some guy down the row from my dad and I got so drunk he puked on a bunch of Browns fans in the row in front of him. Awesome game.
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Yep

HokieRider said:
Are you crazy with the ratings?!? Pittsburgh has fans all over the country and those fans WILL watch the game. If you ever want to get a good example of Steeler fans and where they are around the country, check out this webpage. It is a link to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette sports page and it shows most of the Steeler bars in the country. http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars.asp
I personally like Zig's bar, here in Alexandria, but I have been to a few of the others too, like Baileys in Arlington, Champs in Blacksburg, and Fast Eddies in Fairfax. The Steelers have a great following and I predict will have more than 75% of the fans at the actual game. Should be a great one...who wants it more, Shawn Alexander or Jerome Bettis? I agree with Kram, time to get fitted for the thumb rings :D

Agreed, the ONLY team with more fans than the steeler's, were the browns BEFORE Art Modell moved them to Baltimore...at that time, the brown's backers had the most fans in the league, now, the nod goes to Pittsburgh, with Green Bay and Chicago a tight second and third.
 

·
Government Mule
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Kram59 said:
Shawn's a p*ssy. Less than 100yrds. Gaurunteed.(Yes, I KNOW I spelt it rong!)
There is no excuse for that misspelling. Surely you should know by now that the word ends with ey. I'm fed up with these playoffs and think that the only true way to determine which team is best is to change the format to double elimination....Go Colts!!
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Nice...

HokieRider said:
I got to go to the last Monday night game before the Browns moved to Baltimore and it was freakin awesome. We beat the snot out of the Browns and some guy down the row from my dad and I got so drunk he puked on a bunch of Browns fans in the row in front of him. Awesome game.

But, the browns are going to be better next year, I won't make any stupid predictions, but I think the AFC north with the Bengals and Browns both getting substantially better is going to be one of, if not the toughest division in the NFL.........you could actually see a team in the AFC north go 10 and 6 and NOT make the playoffs....here's to some GREAT upcoming Browns/Steeler's matches...
 

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
Joined
·
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll second that. Its great to beat the Browns all the time, but it will be even better when the team is halfway decent. :D

It is actually a little hard for me to root against the Browns when they're not playing the Steelers, because the Browns are becoming Virginia Tech north, with the Falcons being VT south. Those two teams draft an awful lot of Hokies, so its difficult at times to root against all the familiar names.
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
What...

stevee said:
There is no excuse for that misspelling. Surely you should know by now that the word ends with ey. I'm fed up with these playoffs and think that the only true way to determine which team is best is to change the format to double elimination....Go Colts!!

Are you a friggin commie, DOUBLE ELIMINATION, what the F, the colt's suck, I won 100 bucks off that game, and someone asked me how I could bet against the colts..I told them simple, they do well in the regular season, and then, at least for the last several seasons, fold when the chips are down. When the money is on the table, all the chips are down, and the call comes, Peyton folds, it is his M.O., so until they prove me wrong, I will always bet ON the colts during the regular season, and AGAINST them in the playoffs.
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Geeezz. You and Letterman better get over it. Steeler kicked Indy arse in a big way. Payton (we had some protection problems/I couldn't get out of the way of a slow-moving tank-stay in the pocket-happy feet-deer in the headlights-go for the Big play-ignor the sure plays) Manning tanked that game. Along with the coaches. best 3 of 5 Steelers would take at least 3. :D:D:D :D :D :D :D :D
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
I AM edjumakated. Reely.
 

·
Government Mule
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
There you go again. Can't even spell the man's name. Dave to his credit took a chunk out of Bill O'reilly (sic) as did Howard thankfully. We'll heal in time. When everyone involved in the midnight exodus from Bawlmer is gone we will assume our rightful place as Superbowl Champs!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Oh please.....

stevee said:
There is no excuse for that misspelling. Surely you should know by now that the word ends with ey. I'm fed up with these playoffs and think that the only true way to determine which team is best is to change the format to double elimination....Go Colts!!

Everyone knows that the only way to crown a championship team is to skip a playoff system altogether and come up with some obtuse algorithm like they do for college ball. Go BCS!!!!!!
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
And besides. We have less hair, less teeth, more beer consumed, and more Harley's owned than any group of fans nationally.
 

·
Government Mule
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Got a real warm and fuzzy feelin during the first game when I saw a commercial for the NC2A featuring two of our favorites in these parts. John Mellencamp (don't like his original nom de plumre) and the General. Guess CBS felt like throwin us Hoosiers a bone. I am not a commie although my Grandpa was a Socialist and personal friend of Norman Thomas. No matter how well off I may become I will always have compassion for those who are less fortunate than I. I think we used to be called progressives and now we are called liberals which today equates with regressive in the minds of most...HTH.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top