Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the sport and found a great deal on a '05 Raleigh SuperCourse from a LBC but I'm having some fit issues with it. It's a 25 and I've been fitted out for a size 24 Allez before that fit great. The problem is to make the bike fit right we were going to go with a shorter stem, going from a 10cm stem to a 7cm stem. My concern is that that is going to just make the bike to difficult to handle and make it uncomfortable to ride. Should I just go with the size 24 Allez because it fits better despite the better component group on the SuperCourse. I'm new and just kinda wondering how what affect the shorter stem is going to have on the bike in general.

Thanks everyone,
Aleks

· Cyclist
552 Posts
crazyquick23 said:
It's the sizing measurements that come with the bikes which i know is different from company to company.
I think you've got some numbers confused...

You're right, road bikes are generally sized in cms. They generally range in size from 45 cm or so up to 63cm or so. A 24 or 25cm bike would be very small.

· Registered
1,215 Posts
THe question really is what part of the bike measures 24-25cm? Bike sizes are usually determined based on the length of the seat tube or the top tube. The sizes generally range as noted above.

7cm for a stem sounds short.

Get the one that fits best. If you're more comfortable you will ride more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.