Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Look 381 off of ebay. The size was thought to be a 54 based on the measurements. After some extensive research I think that it is a 53. I realized right away that the stem was going to have to be replaced (120mm 6 degree). Also the steerer is cut about as low as it can go. They told me that the frame was probably a size too small for me. They recommended a 110 mm stem with a 17 degree rise. This lowered the drop from 10cm to 6cm I took the bike out for 30 miles and was comfortable. I hope to get out on a longer ride this weekend. The problem that I have is that I don't like the look of the 17 degree rise.

If I am able to work on my flexibility should I be able, in time, to replace the stem with a lower angled stem?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Possibly. Many people have a stretching routine that helps out a lot. As I've gained fitness, my flexibility has increased. Originally for my height, a 56cm was too big of a bike(with a 100mm stem), but now it'd be just right.
Personally, I think stems that go up look good too, being comfortable is important!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.