Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think after riding my new bike on the road for the first few times, (after using the trainer for the last 3 months) that I want to flip the stem from up to down, (relative to stem angle, I know it will still rise slightly). I never feel like being out of the drops, so I think I can comfortably gain some aero here.

will this notably change any major fit scenarios, and do I want the tilt angle of the bars to be the same as they are now, relative to level ground?

·
Banned
952 Posts
You have a trainer. Experiment and see how you feel. You can't get good fit advice over the internet. This advice included. You can tweak and find comfort. As for a fit that will improve performance. You need to go see a fitter with computer analysis that shows power output..

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
facts..

If you flip the stem down, it will increase in horizontal length by about one size or 10mm. Depending on the angle, it could drop the bars by 2-3.5cm. If you have no excess spacers above the stem it will be a big change.

The angle of the bars won't change much. Depending in the type of bend, I first make sure the hooks are comfortable, then adjust the brake hood position, if required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts