Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has run into this. I have three stems; a Deda Newton 130 that is pretty much 130, a FSA OS-99 120 that right at 122 and a FSA OS-99 110 that is on my bike now that comes in right at 115. Not really a big deal as the bike fits nicely with the 110/115, just thought it was an interesting discrepancy.

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else has run into this. I have three stems; a Deda Newton 130 that is pretty much 130, a FSA OS-99 120 that right at 122 and a FSA OS-99 110 that is on my bike now that comes in right at 115. Not really a big deal as the bike fits nicely with the 110/115, just thought it was an interesting discrepancy.
Could be a matte of how length is defined by the manufacturer. Center to center, center to edge, or some other point to point. Handlebars and frames suffer from the same confusion. You would think that after all these decades there would be standards, but there are not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i measured them all center to center which "seems" like that would be appropriate but I guess you never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts