Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of companies measuring stem lengths differently. Just bought a 130mm deda newton from a guy on ebay swearing that it is a 130mm but I measure it as a 140mm. Also, I had a ITM forgie stem before that was 130mm and the deda beats it by 10mm. What gives?

The 140mm is way to much forward for me and it really screws up my bike position.

Sincerly,
Annoyed.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I measure fron the center of the bars to the center of the head tube. BTW, there's somebody looking for a 140 stem on the board. If you do a search, maybe you can hook up & sell it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
true, ritchey stems and deda are notorious for measuring along a length that pushes the bars out further than what would seem as actual. i can use a 140 and a 130 suits...

cannondale_boy said:
Anyone know of companies measuring stem lengths differently. Just bought a 130mm deda newton from a guy on ebay swearing that it is a 130mm but I measure it as a 140mm. Also, I had a ITM forgie stem before that was 130mm and the deda beats it by 10mm. What gives?

The 140mm is way to much forward for me and it really screws up my bike position.

Sincerly,
Annoyed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.