Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
no creaking on my 100mmX6degreeX26mm stem. had it about 500 miles now. but, i bought it used off a teammate who used it for 1 year. she never had any problems with it creaking or the bolts or anything. so id give it about 1.5 years (it was sitting unused for half a year when she got a new bike, before she parted and sold it, which is when i got it) so lets say easily 3500 miles of racing/training and no problems to speak of.

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I have two WCS stems that I've been riding for over a year and they do not creak. I just bought a 4-Axis since I bought a Zipp SL bar for my one bike but have not installed it yet. The 4-Axis came in at 121 grams in 110mm length and when I fit the titanium bolts should be about 114 to 115 grams.

·
journeymonk
24 Posts
Syntace F99. I have mine on a carbon steerer (TCR Composite) holding a Zipp Contour carbon bar.

No creaks, looks better than the Ritchey WCS it replaced, comes already with top cap, Ti bolts and bolt grease.

Got mine at a lower price than a new WCS, because of good relationship with shop owner, but price should be comparable.

Have to say it: looks a WHOLE LOT BETTER with the steerer tube cutout (lettem see your carbon steerer--or create some contrast with an aluminum steerer) and simple dark black textured finish (beats the flat black of the Ritcheys). Really finished off the look of my front end.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'd be weary of light stems. Your cockpit is only as strong as its weakest link, Bars, Stem, and fork. I'd recommend the thompson stem. Decent weight and super strong.

FRM makes a good stem as well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.