Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
naranjito
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's been a while since the stem police have been called, so i thought i'd post this. the interesting thing is that i scanned it from a catalogue for Forum Sport, a national sports store chain here in spain, dealing in cycling and most other sports too. it was set up originally by miguel indurain and mariano lajarreta a few years back, and has 'members' such as david extebarria, igor and alvaro gonzalez de galdeano, beloki, zubeldia, and many others. you would think that with all these pros behind the setup, they would take a bit more care over the photos in the catalogue! the amount of spacers is one thing, but it's plainly obvious that the headset is not just loose, i don't think it's even been installed properly!

foz

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,354 Posts
foz said:
it's been a while since the stem police have been called, so i thought i'd post this. the interesting thing is that i scanned it from a catalogue for Forum Sport, a national sports store chain here in spain, dealing in cycling and most other sports too. it was set up originally by miguel indurain and mariano lajarreta a few years back, and has 'members' such as david extebarria, igor and alvaro gonzalez de galdeano, beloki, zubeldia, and many others. you would think that with all these pros behind the setup, they would take a bit more care over the photos in the catalogue! the amount of spacers is one thing, but it's plainly obvious that the headset is not just loose, i don't think it's even been installed properly!

foz
Nevermind the headset...the fork steerer hasn't even been cut down to size:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is almost not worth the typing effort. Obviously it's just advertising and it looks to me like they just put spacers on it to hide the fact that a new fork is jus stuck through the frame with a stem attached and nothing cinched down. They had to set it up for the model to look right. Clueless add types.. geeze

·
Administrator
13,151 Posts
Bad photoshop and a bike very quickly pulled out of a box for a photo- probably where they had none built up. Meh, it's not the end of the world.

:2:

Happy tunes guys says "it's no big deal"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.