Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
how could anyone...on the internet...with no pictures and no other info from you...even begin to give you advice on what size stem you should use?

you need to go to bike shop that has someone w/ lots of experience and have them fit you. you'll never get good advice on the forums for questions like this.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
bianchi77 said:
here's my stem 31.8mm x 120mm -6 degree...
if you understand my questions you would not need any pictures
if you understood my post, you'd have a clue...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should I use 31.8mm x 60 mm stem, to optimize my power in my cadence ?
I use here's my stem 31.8mm x 120mm -6 degree... stem now, and watch Brunnel said about this setting, more power in shorter stem...

if you need a pictures or more information what kind information do you need more ??

Thanks

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Lost in translation?

Is this a rhetorical question? In other words, are you offering an unrealistic example to highlight the ridiculousness Brunnel's statement (if taken too the extreme)?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does a long stem have less torsional rigidity than a short stem (same brand and model)? Doesn't make sense to me. Go find a stiffer stem in the correct length you need. You could always get a track specific stem like Cav in California.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
What article are you referencing regarding such a short stem? If your bike currently fits you well, I wouldn't mess it. The elusive search for some perceived performance gain never ends, I'd suggest a good bike fitting, some coaching sessions and just ride. If you are trying to compete, definitely coaching sessions.

Since you mentioned it, for kicks, this might be interesting:
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=16579&category=514

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kuma601 said:
What article are you referencing regarding such a short stem? If your bike currently fits you well, I wouldn't mess it. The elusive search for some perceived performance gain never ends, I'd suggest a good bike fitting, some coaching sessions and just ride. If you are trying to compete, definitely coaching sessions.
I can accept this opinion...
Not an article, I watched the coaching session for lance

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
bianchi77 said:
I can accept this opinion...
Not an article, I watched the coaching session for lance
By any chance, were they speaking in English? No offense, but it appears you've missed the point Johann was probably making, and it's apparent that it's not your native tounge. If that's the case, the answer is no.

Either that, or you believe you, your bike, and your physical capabilities to be identical to Lance in every way. In that case, the answer is also no.

The remaining possibility is that you fit your current bike very, very badly, but you would have known that long before watching any video at all.

Bike fit over the internet is like reading how to dance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts