Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Folsom City Blues...
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm glad that I can come to RBR and share one of my passions in life with other folks that share the same interest. I've started a couple of threads in the last few weeks in regard to having a steel custom bike build.

I've checked out at least a half a dozen custom frame builders with-in a couple of hours drive time in the last three months with the exception of IF. And I've finally had a fit, spoke in length to Steve at Rex Cycles about the particulars of the build and left a down payment to get it started.

I hope to try and see if I can get photos of the bike in the process of being build. And to post photos of the Rex cycle when I take owner ship of it around mid October.

http://www.rexcycles.com/

Peace :cool:

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Hey Elf,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I should come down and ride with you one of these days again.

I've run into literally hundreds of Rex riders over the years from your neck of the woods. Nothing but good comments and pretty bikes. I'm sure you're going to love it. I'm riding steel myself now most of the time instead of my plastic wonder bike. I've really fallen in love with it.

· Folsom City Blues...
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ridgetop said:
Hey Elf,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I should come down and ride with you one of these days again.

I've run into literally hundreds of Rex riders over the years from your neck of the woods. Nothing but good comments and pretty bikes. I'm sure you're going to love it. I'm riding steel myself now most of the time instead of my plastic wonder bike. I've really fallen in love with it.
Hey Ridge,

Nice to hear from you too, how's the lovely wife? I haven't been riding as much as I like to, due to getting rear ended a little over two years ago. I'm just about 100% now, just been hitting the gym, doing some Tai Chi. As soon as I receive my new 4000 GP Condies from PBK.com and replace my tyres, I'll get back on the saddle of my C'dale. And yes, I can't wait to feel steel under me again...

· Folsom City Blues...
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
txzen said:
Steve did the conversion of my Merckx to S&S. That shop is all class, and a pleasure to work with. Oh, and darn fine quality in construction and wrenching. You will not be disappointed.

Cool, it's nice to hear good things about Steve Rex and his work. I've been a fan of his work for about seven years now. I still can't believe that in as little as four months I may riding a Rex...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.