Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
So don't laugh at my question. I've lived in an isolated, rural area that doesn't have these events (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :p).

Does every rider treat these like a serious road race? Or are some more senior people who do these for fun and have a more relaxed pace? Is there a minimum time to finish? Any idea what the 80km would be?

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
Does every rider treat these like a serious road race? Or are some more senior people who do these for fun and have a more relaxed pace? Is there a minimum time to finish? Any idea what the 80km would be?
If you are not into hammering then you just need to slot in with a group where you are comfortable then you can enjoy it. Some of the riders in the group will be pushing their limits but you won't and many of the others won't be either. You can talk bikes, take pulls at the front, help close gaps and generally have a good day. I don't know about limits but if you can do 80km in under 5 hours solo you will be good

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
If you are not into hammering then you just need to slot in with a group where you are comfortable then you can enjoy it. Some of the riders in the group will be pushing their limits but you won't and many of the others won't be either. You can talk bikes, take pulls at the front, help close gaps and generally have a good day. I don't know about limits but if you can do 80km in under 5 hours solo you will be good
Thanks. It doesn't sound so scary now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.