Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having a new wheelset built up for me. I purchased the hubs and rims and let the bike shop order the spokes (to remove any chance of me screwing it up). The rims came without stickers. I know that the wheels will roll just the same without them, but I've gone stealth on my wheels for the past 4 years, and thought I'd like to see how they'd look with stickers.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of stickers for Kinlin XR-270 rims? Or any Kinlin stickers? I could probably trim stickers for the 30mm rims to fit my 27mm rims.

Thanks!
Lance_Work

· wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
Alchemy (the distributor I use), gets the rims in and there is no pattern to which ones come with decals. I doubt he would have spares. I say find a different decal you like and throw them on there. Sapim and DT both have decals that I've used in the past. Wheels look like they are spinning faster with decals;-)

-Eric

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ergott said:
Alchemy (the distributor I use), gets the rims in and there is no pattern to which ones come with decals. I doubt he would have spares. I say find a different decal you like and throw them on there. Sapim and DT both have decals that I've used in the past. Wheels look like they are spinning faster with decals;-)

-Eric
Thanks for the quick response, Ergott. Alchemy is who I got the rims from. They emailed me back and said essentially what you did; that there was no telling when they would get stickers in. They did say that they would try and save me some the next time they got some in.

Where could I get Sapim decals? I'm having the wheels built with Sapim spokes, so that would fit just fine. Does the LBS have them, or can they get them?

Thanks!

· wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
Lance_work said:
Thanks for the quick response, Ergott. Alchemy is who I got the rims from. They emailed me back and said essentially what you did; that there was no telling when they would get stickers in. They did say that they would try and save me some the next time they got some in.

Where could I get Sapim decals? I'm having the wheels built with Sapim spokes, so that would fit just fine. Does the LBS have them, or can they get them?

Thanks!

I get my spokes from Provelo. Your LBS probably does as well and could ask them to send some. They are nice people should be glad to send them. I just checked here and don't have anymore left.

-Eric

· Registered
838 Posts
Lance_work said:
Where could I get Sapim decals? I'm having the wheels built with Sapim spokes, so that would fit just fine.
I think I have some but they will not show up very well. They are not very big and they are black with the Sapim name in yellow. I will check to see if I still have some and if i do you can have them.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ligero said:
I think I have some but they will not show up very well. They are not very big and they are black with the Sapim name in yellow. I will check to see if I still have some and if i do you can have them.
Thank you very much! I left a message at the bike shop, so maybe they have some. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.