Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why make threads sticky? Won't the most discussed topics automatically be at or near the top whenever another person posts on them?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
dear sirs,

there are 2 groups of moderators:

* appointed
* administrative

for general, "appointed" = yous truly. i have a day job (nights, weekends too), but come here to make sure you electon masses are somewhat satisfied.

for all boards, "administrative" = the site's administrators. meaning, those people who make sure this stuff is here for you, and they do it for a living.

i did not "sticky" more than 2 threads. the rest have been "stuck" without my knowledge. they are ride reports, and belong at the top. this is and has been the heart of RBR. try posting some. if they (the current "stuck" threads) don't have appropriate activity, they'll be pulled after 24 hours. my policy, until advised otherwise.

finally, thanks most sincerely for your criticism.

-j

ps. please forward all questionable podium girl pics to [email protected]. thanks in advance for your cooperation.

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
J's Haiku Shop said:
there are 2 groups of moderators:

* appointed
* administrative

for general, "appointed" = yous truly. i have a day job (nights, weekends too), but come here to make sure you electon masses are somewhat satisfied.

for all boards, "administrative" = the site's administrators. meaning, those people who make sure this stuff is here for you, and they do it for a living.

i did not "sticky" more than 2 threads. the rest have been "stuck" without my knowledge. they are ride reports, and belong at the top. this is and has been the heart of RBR. try posting some. if they (the current "stuck" threads) don't have appropriate activity, they'll be pulled after 24 hours. my policy, until advised otherwise.

finally, thanks most sincerely for your criticism.

-j

ps. please forward all questionable podium girl pics to [email protected]. thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Gee, thanks for the info.

Kato, you little wanker, quit all the stickys.

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
My bad....

Yeah, I stuck the two ride reports up, not J.

I'll go ahead and unstick them. You're right, there's too many.

And now with the Ride Report Forum, hopefully this will help out.

-g

Jed Peters said:
Gee, thanks for the info.

Kato, you little wanker, quit all the stickys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts