Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Stiff Alu Crit Worthy Frames

755 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  52-16SS 
#1 ·
Hi Folks! Just wanted to get some thoughts tossed out there about some frames I could race in local crits and other short races. Mostly interested in aluminum or mix frames that offer good power transfer from the bottom bracket and chainstays. My main ride for distance riding/training is a Colnago MXL. I have enough components to build up another bike. FWIW, I am 6' 2" and 215 lbs.

#3 ·
Eddy

I'm almost exactly the same size as you (6'2, 210#) and have been riding an Eddy Merckx Elite for four years. It is the fastest bike I have ever put a leg over. Tough on rough roads or for really long rides but wicked fast on climbs and accelerating. perfect for crits. It's not made anymore but the replacement is more or less the Leader. I know Gita is getting rid of last seasons Leader and you should be able to get one for a little over a grand, including a CF fork. Check out gitabike.com the distributor for eddy in the us. Plus it's got soul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.