Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you have had an opportunity to test ride both bikes. I have logged a fair number of miles on both and personally found the Orbea Opal a bit more comfortable. They're both very stiff framesets yet I've read some people found the Opal too stiff. I wouldn't describe either as overly stiff yet I found the Orbea slightly more compliant than the Specialized Tarmac. The Tarmac I rode was full Ultegra SL and the Orbea Opal was full Dura/Ace. I could'nt say I prefered one over the other, both are outstanding race bikes, yet I wouldn't hesitate to use either of them as a weekend century bike either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I raced a tarmac last year and an orca this year. I know its not an opal but the orca is 50 times stiffer than the tarrmac. The tarmac felt "squishy and soft" compared to the orca

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
CAAD9 is a throwback solid aluminum bike with carbon forks and all speed. The S.S. is a carbon beast.
Back to the thread you mongers...
The Tarmac felt disconnected and the frame is so recognizable. I just have seen too many on the road. My vote is for the Orbea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.