Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By chance, is anyone familiar with Hampton Road where it runs along the western edge of Wharton State Forest? It intersects with Tuckerton Rd on the northside and Stokes Rd on the southside. Are any of those sections, Tuckerton, Hampton, or Stokes, a dirt road? I have been reviewing njbikemap.com and it doesn't show anything for this section...dunno if it's not verified or if it is sand/dirt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My riding hasn't yet taken me west of Batsto, but I'm pretty familiar with Google Maps and Terraserver imagery in the area. Google Maps imagery is no more than a couple years old in our region, and it sure makes Hampton Road look like dirt surface.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right. Well, yesterday, I rode out that way, and I took Tuckerton Rd to the end and it turns into dirt. I didn't have the time or energy to double back and go up to Carranza, but that far into the forest, I would be that they become dirt roads. I may check it out another time or drive out there just for the hell of it. Either way, I found a 100mile loop without riding this section of Hampton and Stokes, so...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.