Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
From another site, it sounds like the bike was picked up to cover the driver's ass. Its just morally wrong on so many levels... :shocked:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
So there is an accomplice.
The term "second vehicle" hints at that. But we don't know if there's any connection between the two vehicles and their drivers. The "second vehicle" could have been just the next vehicle to come down the road.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
The "second vehicle" could have been just the next vehicle to come down the road.
I find that highly unlikely. If the second vehicle wasn't coordinating with the first, the driver would've stopped and called the police instead of stealing the bike, ignoring the cyclist, and driving away.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
If the second vehicle wasn't coordinating with the first, the driver would've stopped and called the police instead of stealing the bike, ignoring the cyclist, and driving away.
All just speculation. The person who picked up the bike may not have seen the victim, may not have intended to steal the bicycle and by now, could have contacted the police.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
All just speculation. The person who picked up the bike may not have seen the victim, may not have intended to steal the bicycle and by now, could have contacted the police.
The paramedics arrived before 8pm, so the cyclist was struck when it was still daylight. Also, look at the picture of the road stretch where this occurred. It's flat, open, and without ditches or obscuring vegetation. There is no way the second driver didn't see the body. Moreover, you don't just take a bicycle and contact the police later. If you legitimately suspect something wrong happened, you call the police and report the abandoned property.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
If you legitimately suspect something wrong happened...
We (including myself) don't know if the person who picked the bicycle up suspected something or not. We also don't know if he did or did not contact the police.

This is getting a lot of attention in the media (I saw it first in a German newspaper) because of the "stolen bicycle" and the "accomplice" assumption. But that's just something made up by someone who writes news stories for a living. It might turn out to be true, or not.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Yea, he was just driving along, and... a.... saw a damaged bike near the road... and a... just thought he could 'fix' it, as a good guy that he is.... so, he... a ... just throw it in the trunk, and... a.... got the hell out of there... cause, there was this ...a dead guy... laying near it.

oh yea, I wasn't there, so I just ... a ... thought that would be nice of him... and a... I had to go, cause my friend was waiting for me... he was up the road a bit in front of me.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
The term "second vehicle" hints at that. But we don't know if there's any connection between the two vehicles and their drivers. The "second vehicle" could have been just the next vehicle to come down the road.
Or the kid returning to pick up the bike in a lame attempt to cover his ass? It didn't work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts