Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stolen Seven Alert-Chicago-Found!!!!

Update: I had installed tracking software on my macbook air and it tracked a guy to the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago. The CPD were unbelievable and tracked down the guy with a subpoena based on the IP address I gave them. At the apartment the found the macbook and my ****ing Seven.

Not gonna lie, I cried on the phone with the detective.

So happy right now...

Hey guys,
My condo was burglarized last night while I was sleeping. Very quick in and out. Pretty terrifying.
He grabbed my Seven Axiom XL and an iPad, etc.

I'm in a hi-rise in the west loop of Chicago. The guy is on the building video taking the bike at 3am. African American, maybe 30s, about 6 feet tall.

The bike is a 2011 Axiom XL with Ti frame and red trim with SRAM Red gear and S&S couplers. The serial number is 451I08.

If you all would please be on the lookout I'd appreciate it. Especially in the midwest. I think it's likely that a bike like this would end up in a nearby city like Milwaukee.

Here's a picture.

Thanks,
Brendan
contact me through the forum. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wow, that's awesome. Glad you got your bike back. Sweeeeeet

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
So, you haven't gotten any of that stuff back yet, have you? I mean, it is now evidence in a criminal trial, so are we talking months or years for you to have it back?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I have the bike and the computer back already. They took photos, etc. Then gave my bike back to me that night.

The detectives played a joke on me for laughs, though. They knew my bike was insanely expensive. So when I went to the station that night, he said "let me go get it". Then he came out of the back with a $50 old Huffy bike. I was like...uh oh...
Then they all laughed and said...."we're just f***ing with you" and came out with my Seven. Pretty funny actually.

BTW, If you have a Mac, I can't recommend Orbicule Undercover HQ enough. $59 covers 5 macs and they essentially got my Seven and computer back. It also got a whole bunch of stuff for other victims. There was stuff from at least 5 burglaries there. Plus the Orbicule software guys were in touch by email the entire time, helping me.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Congratulations. That is also quite an endorsement for Orbicule. I am a slobbering mac fan but never heard of it. I think you can tell them you just sold some more of their software.

I grew up in Chicago. It is good to hear about a positive experience with the local police.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts