Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am an avid cyclist 60 years old I ride 40 miles on sat. and 35 on sunday,for the last 8 years about 14.5 average.about the past two weeks ive had stinging sensations in my mid to lower abdomen about the size of a half dollar coin not constantly but it seems to move to different areas.iwent to my family doctor and he doesn't know what is causing the pain its not real bad never had this before,my question is could setting on the saddle caused lack of blood flow and possibly nerve damage in that area radiating into the area ,my doctor doesn't know anything about cycling so I thought I would ask here,thanks

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
not an MD here. But could it be something in your intestines? pain moving as it moves through your GI tract. I knew a lady who had a bit of food allergy and if she had the wrong food, she would experience localized pain as the food/gas moved through her GI tract.

·
Chief Road Officer
85 Posts
I'm a few year older but have a very similar problem--intense burning--but mine is high in the abdomen and seems more pronounced when I'm in the drops.

It's been going on for a couple of years. I've been chalking mine up to acid reflex, or acid reflux, and drinking water while riding seems to extinguish it temporarily. Eventually during the ride is stops. I eat a lot of things I probably shouldn't; caffeine, spicy foods, chocolate... My doctor says stop eating spicy food, caffeine and chocolate.

I've been meaning to post it on here and see if anyone else has a similar problem. Thanks for doing that.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
My problems with stomach/heartburn pain for years was a peanut allergy. Not enough to kill me, just make me very hard to get along with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.