Markus Storck has been working in the wind tunnel apparently. We just got wind of this new time trial bike from the German bike maker. A few details accompanied the photos, here are some of the more interesting points...
- Most aerodynamic Storck frame ever.
- THM Scapula F Fork Equipped
- Carbon front and rear brake fully integrated (preset carbon spring system / easy change brake-pad cartridge system)
- New ergonomic and aerodynamic multi-adjustable STORCK carbon time trial bar system (perfect for newly announced DI2 TT double-shifters)
- Fixed seat dome with multi adjustable seat-angle (73-80°)
- Fully integrated cable routings
- Adjustable rear-dropouts
- Shimano DI2 compatible only
- Estimated frame weight 1200g
- Estimated fork weight 350g
- Estimated seat dome weight 220g
- Estimated US retail $10,000 for fuselage (frameset, bars, stem, headset, seat dome, brakes)
We're not sure when this will be available for public consumption, but Markus will be on hand at the Interbike Show in Las Vegas next month (so will we!), to hand deliver the Aero 2 to Faris Al Sultan to be raced at Kona.
For more information, stay tuned, we'll get the full low down from Markus Storck himself on this and all the other products he'll have available for 2010 during our coverage of Interbike 2009.
Are you attending? Would you like to contribute to your favorite review site? We're currently looking for a couple of bloggers to help us cover the show. If you're interested, send an email to [email protected] and let us know!