Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello buddies.
Now i ride Colnago EP, and looking for my second racing bike.

Since Nago, Pina, Time are quite routine things in my weekend cycling group, so i'm looking for something special, and today I come to know Germany-made 'Storck'.

I rode cycle for more than 2 years but, frankly, I've never heard of their name so far.
I think there simple design looks great but, their cruel price makes me hesitate.
One of my buddy said Storck is overpriced, chinese-made(except for 0.7 - the flagship model) bike only for those who want to brag about their lavishness and stupidity.
But I like their neat and tidy design, so if there's not much problem in their performance I can consider fascenerio 0.8 for the next bike.

I want to listen Gurus' advice.
Regards.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
They are very nice bikes, but only you can decide whether they are overpriced or not. I'd say they are no more overpriced than a Colnago or other similar upper level bike.

If it fits, you like the bike, you like the ride and can afford it...who cares in the end?

·
Registered
308 Posts
overpriced chinees made? don't think so. actually they are some of the most technologically advanced bikes in the world. Storck has both the lightest and the stiffest bikes in the world. they have the top to stiffness/weight bikes too. all this with comfort too.

not only that, but i love a company that doesn't feel they need to make a "change" to there bikes every year or so just so you feel you need the new one so you are not outdated or something. basically marcus storck doesn't make it if he can't make it better. I like that.

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
One of the most expensive frames out there.

You may want to consider something like a custom Parlee in that price range.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I would suggest a test ride before purchasing anything in that price range. Storck provided several loaner bikes one Saturday this last summer for our LBS. Unfortunately they didn't have their TT bike set up for me to try. One of my friends did take one of the road bikes on our regular 60 mile ride. His response was that it was crazy light and unbelievably fast but way too nervous for his taste. He much prefers his Cervelo and kept his credit card in his wallet.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
They are great bikes for a lot of people. I'd suggest "neat and tidy" and what some other people in your cycling club ride not be used as a criteria to decide if they'd be good for you though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You should get a Cannondale CAAD9 and surprise the $h!t out of them! Not because it's a bad bike, but because it might be an exoctic bike in your group of friends, and it rides beautifully.

I'm all for the 'if you can afford it' thing, and understand wanting to be a little different. It's your money. What about Focus?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not off topic -- just for fun, I built up a 2010 Wilier on the Competitive Cyclist site with Zipp 303s and SRAM Red. Beautiful bike. Sticker price came back at over $10K. What this suggests to me is that "overpriced" really depends as much on where you buy it, as what it is you're buy. Storck can't be any more expensive than Wilier, can it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
the stiffest bike stork makes is their #4 bike. the frame and fork retails for $3800. really not that expensive for a 890g frame that is the second highest stiffness to weight ratio on the planet. the number one is the 9K frame/fork/crankset 0.7 IS that stork makes. it weighs in at 770g for the frame and fork. its pretty sweet but super expensive. the bike that the vanderkitten pro team is on is the absolutist 0.9. its only about $2800-$3000 for a frame and fork. it weighs in around 950g and is super stiff as well.

lets face it, those are not cheap frames, but they are not any more expensive then the top end of any other bike out there like the specialized tarmac sl3, ridley noah, felt, look, time, or any of the other italian companies either.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
mpk1996 said:
the number one is the 9K frame/fork/crankset 0.7 IS that stork makes. it weighs in at 770g for the frame and fork.
Come again!?!?!? 770 for the frame I can believe but not for the frame AND fork!!!

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ran into the Storck national marketing guy after finishing a ride, he was in town with his Sprinter van full of Storck stuff. He spent an hour+ telling me about their stuff. I was impressed. The price is just way out of reach, though. They may be the most expensive bikes, period. But for some people with the cash or credit limit the price may be justifiable.

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Wow, I think I've seen one Time in 3 years of cycling in my neck of the woods.
I agree with the others, if you don't like the fit or how it rides, then it's not a good bike.

What about Fondriest, or Look?

·
Registered
1 Posts
overpriced chinees made? don't think so. actually they are some of the most technologically advanced bikes in the world. Storck has both the lightest and the stiffest bikes in the world. they have the top to stiffness/weight bikes too. all this with comfort too.

not only that, but i love a company that doesn't feel they need to make a "change" to there bikes every year or so just so you feel you need the new one so you are not outdated or something. basically marcus storck doesn't make it if he can't make it better. I like that.
I have owned a Stock Fenomalist for over six and a half years , it is quite an exceptional bike equally as good ,if not better than most high end offerings from other makes. They are expensive but not exceptionally so compared to other frames in that bracket . Considering that it is not a up to the minute design it has more than held its own with many so called cutting edge technologies, so much so that I have absolutely no need to upgrade to a new frame , this one does everything that any other bike does , but in nearly all cases it does it considerably better.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well now , will you just listen to that , why would a simple post engender such a bad mannered reply ? These Gentlemen? obviously have little to worry them if my view upsets them so much , I am persuaded that this forum ,if these two are examples , is not for me , we treat others with respect in my part of the world . Perhaps they have forgotten to take their medication.
hold on now, and the question asked if the bike is any good. You can insult my bike if you want and I dont take it personally. It's fine to insult the inanimate. You on the other hand i have the utmost respect for. I like your grammar. I like your dignity

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Considering that this thread had been dead for 12 years before you joined and decided to reply AND that none of this info matters anymore...couldn't you have found something better to post about?
With all due respect, cxwrench, if it really bothers you that much that new posters dredge old threads, you should contact the administrators of this site and tell them they should get rid of the "recommended reading threads". Because that's why there are so many thread dredges since the site was updated.

Is it any wonder this site is dying. You drove another newbie away. Good job!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts